Be the change.
Have you ever felt so passionately about something that it became the driving force of your life? Did it keep you up at night with excitement and fill your heart with determination? There's so much going on in the world that desperately needs fixing. It's often overwhelming to know what we can do on a "small" level.
Today, I'm going to challenge you to BE THE CHANGE. I know that not everyone feels called to be a leader but guess what? Foot soldiers are just as important in creating change. Here are some steps for creating change in your own life and in the world:
- Identify your cause or passion
- Find someone locally that has your same passion
- Reach out to them ( 2 heads are better than 1)
- What change needs to happen in order for your problem to be solved? Are you worried about children starving in America? Instead of solely blaming the government (which can only get us so far), do SOMETHING. Maybe go to restaurants, grocery stores, and collect leftover food to donate.
- If you want to take the political route, fantastic. Understand that is going to take change in legislation -- find local politicians to help you. It might seem tedious but if you want policy change, you have to be a turtle….slow and steady wins the race
- Say it out loud to anyone that will listen. When I was discussing my personal cause, I discussed it with all of my friends and colleagues. Eventually I was directed to the correct person.
- ENJOY THE NATURAL HIGH OF MAKING CHANGES!
Ready to be the change? Email me back about what you are inspired to do. Accountability is everything :)